Ingredients (Serves 8-10)
- 2 cups of thin ‘bean thread’ style vermicelli- ask your Asian grocer or substitute with rice vermicelli.
- 2 carrots, finely grated
- 3 cups of shredded vegetables (can include red cabbage, wombok or white cabbage, cucumber or snow peas)
- ¼ cup red onion, finely sliced
- ½ cup mint leaves
- 4 tablespoons lemon or lime juice
- 2 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce or soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil – optional
- Chopped peanuts- optional
- Cook the noodles by laying them in a pot and covering with hot water. When soft, rinse in cold water and set aside to drain.
- Wash the vegetable and herbs. Grate carrot and slice other vegetables.
- Chop noodles roughly and lay in a large salad bowl with the vegetables.
- In a small bowl mix together dressing ingredients to taste. Sprinkle dressing over salad and mix all together. Top with nuts to serve.
- This recipe also tastes good with no noodles.
- You can also use the Peanut Dressing listed under ‘healthier salad dressings’.