- 100g can tuna
- 2 cups of lettuce, baby spinach or other salad leaves
- 1 cup of vegetables of your choice (could include cooked green beans, snow peas, tomatoes, parsley, mushrooms)
- 1 boiled egg, peeled
- Salad dressing – optional. You can use any dressing listed under the ‘healthier salad dressings’recipes
- In a small pot boil the egg to soft consistency, which usually takes 4-5 minutes once the water reaches boiling point
- Cool the egg in cold water and then peel.
- Open cans and drain excess liquid from each can.
- Slice salad vegetables and mix with salad leaves in a large bowl
- Add in tuna.
- If using dressing, add immediately prior to serving.
- You can use up leftover cooked vegetables like green beans, broad beans, asparagus or potato in this recipe.
- Canned salmon also works well in this recipe. Tuna and salmon are both good sources of omega 3 fats which are generally lacking in Western diets. Omega 3 fats help reduce inflammation and promote optimal brain function, mood and heart health