Ingredients (Serves 2)
- 2 eggs
- 1 400g can of diced tomatoes
- 1 red onion, diced
- 2 tomatoes cut into eights
- 1 capsicum, chopped
- 1 garlic, minced
- 1 chilli, if desired
- 1 can of beans like chickpeas, butter or cannellini beans
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Cook onion in a fry pan with oil over a medium heat for 5 minutes or until soft.
- Add garlic and chilli and cook for a further minute.
- Stir in tomatoes, capsicum and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to a simmer for 10 minutes or until thickened slightly..
- Make 2 holes in sauce and crack an egg in each.
- Cook the eggs over a low-medium heat until centre is hard.
- Serve this dish by itself, or eat with a slice of wholemeal toast, for a warm winter’s supper