Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 500g lean beef or turkey mince
- 2 carrots
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves garlic (optional)
- 2 slices stale bread or 2/3 cup bread crumbs
- Optional: herbs, spices, a pinch of salt or Worcestershire sauce
- Toast bread and break into pieces. Use a small electric food processor to process into breadcrumbs.
- Use the small processor to process the carrots, onion and garlic into bread crumb sized pieces. (If you don’t have a food processor you can use pre-made breadcrumbs and a grater for the vegetables).
- In a large bowl, use hands to mix all ingredients together. You can add herbs, spices, a pinch of salt or Worcestershire sauce to flavour the patties at this stage.
- Form into patties and cook in a frying pan or hot plate until cooked through.
- Serve with plenty of salad.
- If making hamburgers try using a bun for the base - top with salad and use lettuce as a vegetable ‘lid’.