Skip to content
- 2 cups of Asian noodles- I use ‘soba’ buckwheat noodles but any long think Asian style noodle is fine.
- 3 cups of shredded salad vegetables. This can include grated carrots, cucumber cut in to thin matchsticks, finely shredded purple cabbage, snow peas, mushrooms or other vegetables of choice
- ¼ cup sesame seeds
- 1 cm cube of grated ginger
- 1 clove of garlic, minced, or 2 tablespoons red onion finely sliced
- 4 tablespoons of vinegar or lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons of sesame oil
- Cook noodles according to directions. When cooked, run noodles under cold water to cool and set aside to drain.
- Shred or grate all salad vegetables and mix with cold noodles in a large bowl.
- Lightly toast sesame seeds in a frying pan or by spreading them on a baking tray under the grill. Keep stirring them during heating as they can burn quickly.
- Make the dressing by combining in a small bowl or jar the minced ginger, vinegar, soy sauce, sesame oil and garlic. Adjust to suit your tastes and then mix through the noodles and salad.
- Top with sesame seeds. Serve alone or with leftover meat or bean patties.