- 1x can of mixed beans – e.g. 3 bean mix
- 1 red capsicum, finely diced
- 1 cucumber finely diced
- 1 can corn kernels, drained
- 1 cup of tomatoes – any variety, chopped
- Small amount of sliced red onion, spring onion or chives to taste
- A splash of olive oil and lemon juice or balsamic vinegar.
- Optional extras: finely chopped avocado or coriander leaves,
- Rinse the beans under water and drain. Drain corn kernels.
- Finely dice the cucumber, onion and capsicum.
- In a salad bowl, mix beans, corn onion, cucumber, tomatoes and capsicum.
- Pour over dressing and serve as a quick meal or side salad,
- You can also use a squeeze of orange juice in place of vinegar or lemon juice.
- This recipe can be ‘scaled up’ for a colourful side dish at larger events.