Ingredients (Serves 4)
- ½ a cup of fine or coarse bulgur wheat (ask at your supermarket or grocer)
- 1 cup of boiling water
- 2 cups of finely chopped fresh flat leaved parsley (approximately 3 bunches)
- ½ a cup of finely chopped mint
- 3 tomatoes
- Cucumber chopped – optional
- 1 red onion finely diced (optional) or 1 sprig of spring onion chopped
- Asian vinaigrette dressing from the Healthier Salad Dressings
- Place bulgur in a large mixing bowl and cover with boiling water. Place a plate on top of the bowl and allow it to sit for 5-10 minutes to soften.
- Prepare Asian vinaigrette as per ‘healthier salad dressings’ recipe.
- Chop and mix remaining ingredients into a bowl and add Bulgur wheat once ready.