Ingredients (Serves 2)
- 2 chicken breasts
- 3 teaspoons of olive oil
- 2-3 slices stale bread (multigrain, wholemeal or white)
- Parmesan cheese or dried herbs (optional, to season)
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Oil a baking dish with a thin smear of olive oil and place it in the oven to heat up.
- Toast bread.
- In a food processor blend toast and olive oil and selected seasonings until the texture of breadcrumbs.
- Slice chicken breast in to pieces approximately 1.5 cm thick. Push the crumb mixture on to both sides of the chicken. Crumbs will tend to fall off but this is OK. Lay the chicken pieces in the hot baking dish and pile any leftover crumbs on top.
- Bake for 40-60 mins., depending on oven, until crumbs are golden and chicken is cooked through.
- Alternative seasonings can be added in step 3 including paprika, cumin, dukkah or sesame seeds.
- Leftovers can be served cold or reheated, with a salad and creamy dressing (see Healthier Salad Dressings)