Ingredients (Serves 1)
- 1 cup of skim milk
- ½ cup of yoghurt
- ¼ 1/4 cup of any fruit, chopped (ideas: berries, watermelon, kiwi fruit, tinned peaches in natural juice) – optional
- 1 banana
- Pinch of cinnamon
- Drop of vanilla essence
- Mix all ingredients in a blender until smooth
- Ripe bananas work best. You may wish to buy them a few days in advance so they are nice and sweet. For a thickshake consistency use pieces of frozen banana intead of fresh,
- Tinned or frozen fruit in natural juice is a good alternative.
- Many people who can’t have dairy may not be able to have nuts or soy either, so always ask before you use alternative milks.
- Frozen fruits are great– you can buy or chop up your own & freeze.