- 250g light cream cheese
- Large bunch of spinach or 200g chopped frozen spinach, thawed
- 1 onion
- ¼ cup plain yoghurt
- Garlic (optional)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- If using fresh spinach, rinse under water and steam until soft. Gently squeeze the spinach with the back of a spoon to remove any excess water. If using frozen spinach, defrost and use the back of a spoon to squeeze out excess water.
- Heat oil in a medium sized saucepan. Add in onion and garlic (if using) and fry on low heat until the onion begins to brown.
- Add in chopped spinach and cream cheese and mix with a fork. If the mix is too thick, gradually add in yoghurt to achieve the right consistency.
- Serve with crackers, bread or vegetable sticks.
- For parties, you can serve warm inside a hollowed cobb loaf that has been briefly toasted in the oven.
- If using frozen spinach try to buy the chopped (but not finely chopped) options. Finely chopped will be more watery.