- 400g can of corn
- 400g cans mixed beans (drained)
- 400 can of sliced or diced beetroot
- 425 g canned tuna in spring water or olive oil
- Open cans and drain excess liquid from each can.
- Mix together all ingredients in a bowl. Serve alone, on a baked potato or with wrap bread.
- Canned salmon also works well in this recipe. Tuna and salmon are both good sources of omega 3 fats which are generally lacking in Western diets. Omega 3 fats help reduce inflammation and promote optimal brain function, mood and heart health.
- If you have extra time add extra salad ingredients or herbs. Good options include sliced snow peas, cucumber, parsley, baby spinach and spring onion.