Ingredients (Serves 6)
- ½ cup sago
- 2- 3 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1/3 cup sugar
- In a saucepan, pour 2 cups of milk over sago and set aside for a few hours in the fridge, or overnight.
- Boil the sago with sugar and vanilla, as the mixture thickens you may need to add up to an extra cup of milk
- Serve hot or cold.
- This is delicious served with fresh, canned or stewed fruit.
- Powdered or evaporated milk, or light coconut milk can be used in this recipe.
- You can use artificial sweeteners in place of sugar; the amount required will vary so check the directions on your product.
- Enrich with protein by adding eggs. Beat two eggs with a dash of milk in a large bowl. Pour half of the hot sago in to the bowl and then return all the sago and egg mixture to the pan and heat gently until thickens. Do not boil as this will curdle the eggs.