Ingredients (Serves 6)
- 1 chicken breast
- 1 onion
- 1 can of creamed corn
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 cm cubed piece of ginger, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, optional
- 1 stock cube
- Soy sauce
- Olive oil
- Herbs- optional – try lime leaves, coriander, lemongrass
- In a large pot, cook oil and onion on low heat. Add ginger and garlic (if using).
- Cut chicken in to small pieces and cook in pan. Remove from pan and shred chicken.
- Add chicken back in to pan with the corn, carrot, 2 cups of water and stock cube. Boil gently.
- You may wish to add extra water or soy sauce according to your taste.
- You can use leftover roast chicken in this recipe.
- Other herbs such as lime leaves, chilli, coriander or lemongrass can be used to vary the flavour.
- To add more protein, at step 4 whisk in 1-2 egg whites over low heat until cooked through