Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 500g dry pasta of choice- small shells, penne or spirals work well
- 3 cups of finely diced vegetables (capsicum, cucumber, snow peas, celery)
- 1 can of 3 bean mix or cannellini beans (Optional)
- ½ cup parsley or mint (Optional)
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup tomato sauce
- ½ cup thick Greek yoghurt
- 2 or more tablespoons lemon juice or apple cider vinegar, to taste
- ¼ cup finely chopped red onion or 1 clove minced garlic
- Cook the pasta according to directions. Once cooked, run pasta under cold water until cool, then set aside to drain.
- Combine dressing ingredients by mixing in a small bowl.
- Finely dice all vegetables. If using beans, rinse beans under water and drain.
- Combine cooled pasta, beans, dressing and vegetables in a large bowl. Add extra yoghurt or vinegar if required.
- Including beans in this recipe provides an excellent source of vegetarian protein and iron, and makes this complete meal with loads of fibre to help your digestive microbes stay happy!