- 1 can of corn
- 2 cans mixed beans (drained)
- 1 red capsicum, chopped
- 1 green capsicum, chopped
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 2 carrot, grated
- 500g spinach leaves
- 1 red onion, diced
- 2 Tb parmesan cheese, grated
- 1x 180 g of tuna in spring water or olive oil (well drained)
- See ‘Healthier Salad Dressings’ recommendation Asian Vinaigrette
- Open the cans and drain out excess liquid.
- Grate the carrot. Chop and mix all salad ingredients.
- See healthier Dressings method for your dressing of choice.
- Keep in the fridge or cooler bag until serving.
- Stir in dressing when ready to eat – yum!
- Make this ahead and pack the salad components in to clear glass jars or salad container. Layer the different coloured vegetables for a rainbow effect. The tuna is best added immediately prior to eating.
- Canned salmon also works well in this recipe. Tuna and salmon are both good sources of omega 3 fats which are generally lacking in Western diets. Omega 3 fats help reduce inflammation and promote optimal brain function, mood and heart health.